Monday, September 28, 2009

MARK. SKINCARE REVIEW PART 1 - CLEANSE

A little bit of my skincare routine background:

1. Cleanse - I do this 2-3x a day. I cleanse my face twice if I have makeup on. My skin isn’t sensitive so I’m not too particular on the brand I use. The most recent was Clean and Clear cleanser which I found to be really drying.

2. Exfoliate and Facial Masks – This is done weekly, every Sunday. I’ve been using St. Ives Apricot Exfoliator since 7th grade. I’m not too particular which facial masks I use but the most recent was Mint Julep which was purchased from Sally Beauty Supply.

3. Moisturize – I do this 2x a day. My most recent day moisturizer was Neutrogena with spf which I didn’t like much because it leaves a white residue and takes time to rub off. I discontinued using it as soon as I received my Mark. order. At night I’ve been using my trusted moisturizer/lip conditioner, Aquaphor. I’ve recently been using Egyptian Magic so I’ll write a review on that soon enough.

As you all know (maybe) I have a little one and it’s difficult to really get a good snooze time, so I made my skincare a priority to help my skin a bit. I do drink plenty of water and eat as healthy as I can, but having a good sleeping habit is also essential for a great skin.

My cleanser was finally finished and needed to buy another one so I went on a hunt online. The packaging of Mark. skincare line caught my eye. It is chic and simple. I quite like it and the reviews were great so I said “what the heck” and confirmed my order.




Now onto the first part of the review:

What: Mark That’s Deep Purifying Gel Cleanser

Claim: “A super fresh, soap-free (blend of sugar maple and black willow bark) cleanser that thoroughly washes away pore clogging makeup, dirt and oil without stripping away moisture” (mark website) Also great for blackheads and blemishes.

Cost: $7 for 6.7 fl. oz

Usage: Pour a dime size amount onto the hand and lather. Gently lather onto wet face in a circular motion.

Review: This cleanser not only thoroughly cleans my face but leaves it incredibly soft. A dime size amount gets the job done. I like that it has that menthol-y, cooling feeling on the face. It is also oil free and fragrance free, although there is a hint of a menthol scent. I use this as eye makeup remover and it works quite well. I just gently work the product onto my eyes and doesn't sting whatsoever. As far as blackheads are concerned, it doesn’t really work. I’d still use the Biore strips for blackheads. I’ve been using this cleanser for about 4 months now. Yes, it lasted that long! I noticed that some blemishes are gone and I have less redness around my nose.

Rating: 4/5 stars because it didn't work on blackheads as it claims; I would definitely repurchase this but I’d like to try the other cleanser that Mark has called Calming Effect Comforting Milk Cleanser.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails