Friday, May 29, 2009

COMMERCIAL vs GENERIC

My cousin and I went to Target the other day because I needed to buy some hygiene products. They ran out of the St. Ives Apricot Blemish & Blackhead Control face scrub & just had the generic one by Target. I thought to myself that if I tried it once & didn't like it, I can return it. My cousin also told me that she's tried generic makeup remover & it works just the same. So I decided I'd try it.

Before I used it in the shower, I read the contents in the back of both tubes -- they are pretty much the exact same. Same exact ingredients in the same order.

The difference?

St. Ives has a sweet smell to it, brown in color, & thick in texture. Target's brand smells like Vick's, is less dense, and is more beige in color. Yes, odd for two products with the same exact ingredients.

My conclusion?

They work just the same. As long as it contains the same ingredients, I'd buy the product. Plus, it's a buck or two cheaper. The downside: you're afraid that it will mess up your face!

Tip: Just because someone's face is PERFECT & FLAWLESS because of the product they use, doesn't mean it will work for you. Everyone's face falls into certain categories (i.e. oily, dry, combination, sensitive, oily t-zone, acne, etc.) so that's the first thing you should start with when you're trying to figure out what products to use. You may already know this, but the temptations of that pretty face may redirect your best decision making into something that isn't best for you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails